Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for House

To Whom it May Concern;

As I have been the resident "property manager" for my parent's house, it is needless to say that keeping everything in working/proper order is basically up to me. So when the power went out due to fierce winds or some other such nonsense I had a tiny panic attack.

I am not prepared.

I can't even deal with a broken washer and now I'm thinking of all the other things that could go wrong. A gas leak, a tree falling on the house, a fire, an earthquake, a flood, a plague of locusts, world war III...

Anyways, I have these responsibilities to take care of and act for the house and obviously I am not prepared to do them.

Is there something that you are obligated to do and have not yet got around to doing it?

Make a list and carry out each thing. I can't search the number for the power company if the power is out. Write that number down along with all the other utility numbers. Make a 72 hour kit. Learn about the kind of insurance that you have and the kind of insurance the property has.

Knowing what to do and having the information to do it is part of being a responsible adult.

Sincerely,
Independent Month

No comments:

Post a Comment